Forum Discussions (299)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

IrishGenealogy.ie has just been relaunched by the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/  From here you can access 1901 and 1911 census information, Griffiths Valuations, Tithe Applotment Records…

Started by The Wild Geese in Uncategorized

4 Apr 4, 2013
Reply by The Wild Geese

Bring a stone home to Lough Boora

The Dry Stone Wall Association of Ireland and the International Stone Foundation based in the USA have come together with a vision to invit…

0 Apr 3, 2013

View of 1916 Rising from Stage in Wartime Belfast

Derry Journal has an interesting article about Derry republican Hugh McAteer, who led an IRA commemoration of the 1916 Rising by hijacking…

Started by Gerry Regan in Irish in World History

0 Apr 2, 2013

Bratacha - A Genealogy/History E-zine is Launched

Has anyone yet seen this online offering? I find it has some great articles. However, I am not convinced that e-zines are the way to go. Th…

Started by Bit Devine in Arts

3 Apr 1, 2013
Reply by Bit Devine

Easter Traditions in Ireland

Children would race off to the hen house to see if there was an egg with their name on it. What parents used to do in those days was take t…

Started by The Wild Geese in Religion

5 Mar 31, 2013
Reply by The Wild Geese

Founding Member

9 Reasons Why the Irish Are the Best Storytellers

http://her.ie/story/p-fado-fado-nine-reasons-why-the-irish-are-the-best-storytellers-p-939536#.UUoM9DBP6K0.facebook

Started by Nollaig 2016 in Arts

1 Mar 27, 2013
Reply by Bit Devine

Ireland and Irish America in the Run-Up to Pearl Harbor

There's a new book about the division in American public opinion about the proper U.S. role in world affairs as war waged in Europe and Asi…

Started by Gerry Regan in Uncategorized

0 Mar 26, 2013

St. Patrick's Day. What are you making for dinner?

I've grown up with the venerable corned beef and cabbage. A true Irish American (and for all those who are Irish for a day!) I am going to…

Started by Kerry Murphy in Uncategorized

1 Mar 17, 2013
Reply by Marilynn Conway

Irish State Papers now available at PRONI:Of unique significance as most Irish records of the Dublin Castle administration before 1790 were destroyed in the burning of the Public Record Office in 1922

The Public Record Office of Northern Ireland is pleased to inform users that PRONI is now a subscriber to the Irish State Papers online. Us…

0 Mar 12, 2013

Irish Army Census records now searchable by name

The Irish Army Census was a snapshot of the National (Free State) Army taken at midnight on 12/13 November, 1922, during the guerrilla phas…

Started by Kieron Punch in Uncategorized

1 Mar 12, 2013
Reply by Terry Lloyd

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners