I hope I am not repeating myself not used to your website yet.

Does anyone know if an American, whose Great Grandparents were born in Ireland can move permanently to Ireland.   My income is sufficient, if I'm careful that I should be able to live o.k. without needing to get a job there.  I would not be able to come back to the States once  I have moved myself and my 3 dogs there.  Thanks for any information.

Cheryl Dale Siegel

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Cheryl.

I believe you would be entitled to citizenship through your great-grandparents only if your mother / father had registered in the Foreign Births Register by the time of your birth.  Otherwise, you'd have to go through the much longer naturalisation process after living in Ireland for five consecutive years.


You can, however, enter Ireland on what's called a "Stamp 3" permission, which gives you an initial three-year period to live here (provided you can prove you have sufficient financial resources to provide for yourself without being a burden on the state or seeking employment in Ireland).  


The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?


Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2024   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service