Ryan O'Rourke's Discussions (199)

Discussions Replied To (120) Replies Latest Activity

"My last Irish-born ancestor arrived in Philadelphia in the 1730s.  Each of his sons…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 30, 2013 to Memorial Day: Recalling Those Irish-Americans Who Gave Their Last Full Measure

32 May 31, 2014
Reply by Tom McGrath

"As I said in the comments below Joe's article, I wouldn't be a big fan of ol' "Che."…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 16, 2013 to Reactions to Che Guevara: Father of Revolution, Son of Galway

1 May 16, 2013
Reply by Ryan O'Rourke

Founding Member

"The story of Brendan has fascinated me since I first heard it.  I'd say it's a stret…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 15, 2013 to The Brendan Voyage: Legend or Possibility?

2 May 15, 2013
Reply by Jim Curley

"Meh ... I'm clearly in the minority here, but I do not see where Margaret Thatcher i…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 10, 2013 to Thatcher's Passing -- Some Say 'Party Time'! You?

27 May 10, 2013
Reply by Ryan O'Rourke

"David, if you get stuck on your "paper trail" research, I can highly recommend DNA a…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 9, 2013 to The Irish at Duffy's Cut: New York Times -- Massacre or Epidemic ... or Both

8 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Curley

"Ferries do indeed dock at Inis Meáin, Bit.  Nothing direct from the mainland, if tha…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 8, 2013 to "Top Ten" Off the beaten path list

6 Mar 23, 2014
Reply by Irish Fireside

"Thanks for that, Kieron.  Interesting how widely the recollection of people who live…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 8, 2013 to 'Angela's Ashes' -- Best Irish Memoir?

52 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by Gerry Regan

"Hadn't really thought about it in a list of ten, but here are a few I'd suggest: 1)…"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 8, 2013 to "Top Ten" Off the beaten path list

6 Mar 23, 2014
Reply by Irish Fireside

Admin

"Interesting analysis.  Thanks for sharing this, Joe."

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 3, 2013 to Surviving on mainly potatoes.

1 May 3, 2013
Reply by Ryan O'Rourke

"Likewise, Jim!"

Ryan O'Rourke replied May 2, 2013 to Anybody ever done any DNA testing for heritage?

9 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by James Richard Johnson

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2024   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service