Forum Discussions (299)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Admin

1858: William and Daniel Cormack, for murdering John Ellis

An interesting article HERE on the execution of two Irishmen for the murder of a hated land agent. It's interesting not just for content ab…

Started by Joe Gannon in Uncategorized

0 May 11, 2013

The Irish at Duffy's Cut: New York Times -- Massacre or Epidemic ... or Both

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/us/secrets-of-duffys-cut-yield-to-shovel-and-science.html?hpw&_r=0 "MALVERN, Pa. — They laid his bone…

Started by Gerry Regan in Irish in the News

8 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Curley

Thatcher's Passing -- Some Say 'Party Time'! You?

With Maggie Thatcher's death Monday, thoughts of many in the Irish community turn to her role in the deaths of the 10 hunger strikers in 19…

Started by The Wild Geese in Irish in World History

27 May 10, 2013
Reply by Ryan O'Rourke

FBI's Take-Down of Irish Mob Targeted Irish Community?

U.S. Representative Peter King (R-Seaford, NY) suggested last week that the FBI should increase surveillance of the Muslim American communi…

Started by Gerry Regan in Uncategorized

5 May 8, 2013
Reply by rod Murphy

Last month's Fordham Famine Tribunal doesn't seem to have generated much follow-up.

The sessions were to be videotaped & available on DVD. So far as I know, details on where & how to obtain recordings haven't been r…

Started by Maureen Haggerty in Uncategorized

0 May 7, 2013

Admin

Irish government endorses investigation into RMS Lusitania torpedoed by German U-boat off Cork

Perhaps this exploration could settle the question of whether the British had munitions on the Lusitania once and for all. ****************…

0 May 5, 2013

Admin

Surviving on mainly potatoes.

Another discussion about the humble "pratie" on this forum prompted me to look online to see if I could find an article discussing how well…

1 May 3, 2013
Reply by Ryan O'Rourke

Returning to Ballina, County Mayo

How is this for serendipity? I knew that " The Gathering" is taking place all across Ireland this year, but I only found out after I had de…

Started by Sheila Lucy Hemmings in Uncategorized

6 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Sheila Lucy Hemmings

Ode To The Humble Potato

Kerry Murphy's Potato post brought to mind this blog post which I had read back in late March. I bookmarked it for the Potato recipe... Now…

Started by Bit Devine in Kitchen

0 Apr 30, 2013

Very bad spuds.

The venerable spud. It's been getting a lot of bad press. "potatoes are starchy..the have no nutritional value...don't eat them!"  Um, lots…

Started by Kerry Murphy in Kitchen

3 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Jim Curley

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners