Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow Wild Geese. In particular, we would love to hear your Irish story. What are your ties to Ireland? Have you or are you in the midst of uncovering your genealogy? What are your particular Irish interests? The arts? Cooking? Literature? Travel?

Please tell us also about yourself. What are your occupations and hobbies? What are your goals and ambitions? Where are you from?

And finally we would love to hear what brought you to The Wild Geese and how can we help you uncover, share, and preserve your Irish Story!

Views: 10566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI, my GG Grandfather came over from Ireland on August 15th 1851 along with his wife Ne (Jain Bremman) and my G grandfather who was just two years old. I as of yet, have not narrowed down their passage or their exact roots in Ireland.

I have cousins who have found their Marriage on August 14th 1849 in the " Pomeroy Parish Notebook". I think they may have resided somewhere between Pomeroy and Cookstown, but not sure. If there are any members knowing of any McGeoughs or Bremmans, I would love to here from you or if you can direct me to them.'

I reside in the US, in the state of Arizona and the town of Marana which is just north of the city of Tucson.. Iam looking to make a trip over to Ireland  in the near future, but need to try and nail down my roots.

I was broughtot his web site by a Dental assistant that assisted a dental filling today. Jus so happens she was herself fro Ireland  and her father still live there. She directed me to Pinterest and from there I found the Wild Geese web address.

I just added my initial discussion and right off the bat  I listed bad information. MY GG Grandmother's name

was Brimmage or Brimage not Bremman and my GG Grandfather name was John McGeough and his father was Arthur McGeough. Jain's father was William Brimmage. So Sorry

Denis, It's perfect that the dental assistant you met today directed you to Pinterest, and from there, you found this community. I'm wondering where on Pinterest you found The Wild Geese; I have my own Ireland board on Pinterest and would love to add The Wild Geese to the board! Welcome to the flock. You'll find this site fascinating, and will love reading the informative posts on Ireland, believe me! Slainte to you!

Claire, I "Googled" Ancestry and Geneology on Pinterest and it gave me the Pinterest web side listing all of the "pinned" articles.

PS, I saw that you were on line when I put this discussion on the board

denis

Thank you, Denis! I'll go there now. I always like to drive people to TWG site! You've been a help!

I was driven here by Pinterest too! When I was building my own Ireland panel...

I just found The Wild Geese Green Pages on Pinterest. Now I can post from this board onto my fully realized Ireland board on Pinterest!

My name is Jim Ottevaere. I am seventh generation Scot-Irish from Franklin County, PA. My Irish ancestors (Logue)immigrated from Antrim, via Derry about 1755. They settled on the Pennsylvania frontier in a Scot-Irish settlement that later became Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
Many direct line grandfathers served in the American Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, WWI, and WWII. We continue the tradition with service in the Vietnam War and Afghanistan. Our family history is rich in stories of Scot-Irish Service in American wars.
. We are currently constructing our military history in Ireland prior to immigration. Although there it's much research remaining, there were Logues who served in the Sixth Inniskilling Dragoons as far back as the Battle of the Boyne. There is very strong indications that the Logues also served in Irish Brigades on the European Continent. There are true "Wild Geese" in our past.

Logue  well known family also here also Jim big family of them in lisburn co antrim

My name is Christopher (O) Madden. I've been to the ruins of Longford and Clonfert church. Interested in where the maddens dispersed to. Any Flying Geese military? Coming back to Ireland spring 2017 to lead a painting group.

quite a few Maddens around Ireland Christopher though I only knew to families by that name

I did some research of my family  here is what I got

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Louth/Ballymascanl...         1911 census

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Louth/Ballymascanl...       1901 census

I cannot go back any further and I also tried to trace the 2  Houlton orphans also with no luck

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2024   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service