Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow Wild Geese. In particular, we would love to hear your Irish story. What are your ties to Ireland? Have you or are you in the midst of uncovering your genealogy? What are your particular Irish interests? The arts? Cooking? Literature? Travel?

Please tell us also about yourself. What are your occupations and hobbies? What are your goals and ambitions? Where are you from?

And finally we would love to hear what brought you to The Wild Geese and how can we help you uncover, share, and preserve your Irish Story!

Views: 8263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am Reg Reggin/Volk from Kelowna, B.C. Canada..a major fruit and wine production area.

My O'Regans from Cork are still a mystery with little info other than a marriage? photo and

a picture of Ballylickey bridge...I have been there.  Names?...probablly some form of Peter John O'Regan

and Annie Morris..left Ireland..just mom and three kids circa 1860s.  Father may have died in Cork property dispute?

My grandfather Peter Ernest O'Regan was born 1863 in Quebec City.  Name changed to Reggin..1870s

i have been to Cork and traced family to Bamtry area..but no specific records..have met 31st cousins!  Maybe!

Reg, you've probably noticed by this time that my surname is Regan. We've always heard our family's immigrant ancestors were from Longford, arriving stateside in the Famine era.

There's an impressive Irish commemorative monument in Quebec City. Many Irish settled there. We visited the province three years ago. Une belle province!

Thanks, Gerry.  I have been to the Irish monumemt in Quebec.  However I am only able to trace my Regans beginning with an 1872 daughter marriage, in Montreal.  They arrived circa 1863 to Canada.  So ..nine years of no records, even in Canada and just maybe photos from Cork?  Do you have anything specific to connect ancestors to Longford?  Tks, again

Welcome Reg!

Nice to see you and Gerry with the connection! Awesome. Be well,

--Ron--

RSS

Irish Heritage Partnership

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2018   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service