Wild Geese Announcements (112)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Winston Churchill

Two thousand and fifteen marks the 50th Anniversary of Winston Churchill's death. What's beyond the caricature of the indominable Brit of t…

Started by Jim Curley

1 Apr 17, 2015
Reply by That's Just How It Was

Heritage Partner

Eoin MacNeil ; known as the man who tried to stop the 1916 Easter Rising

Eoin MacNeil – was born in Co Antrim May 15th 1869 – the second youngest child in a family that consisted of five boys and three girls. …

Started by That's Just How It Was

0 Apr 13, 2015

Heritage Partner

Eoin MacNeil; Know as the man who tried to stop the 1916 Easter Rising .

Eoin MacNeil – was born in Co Antrim May 15th 1869 – the second youngest child in a family that consisted of five boys and three girls.  H…

Started by That's Just How It Was

0 Apr 12, 2015

Extinct Irish heritage

Hello I am an Egyptian photographer coming soon to Ireland. I will do a special edition of my magazine on Irish customs and heritage, I wis…

Started by Sherif Sonbol

0 Apr 2, 2015

Irish Love stories

I am a photographer from Cairo, Egypt. Will be coming soon to Ireland, and will do a big special on Irish heritage. One chapter is about th…

Started by Sherif Sonbol

0 Apr 2, 2015

Recent Irish article in The New Yorker.

Just FYI. An interesting article in the New Yorker magazine, Where The Bodies Are Buried, for anyone interested. Not saying I agree with al…

Started by John W. Hurley

0 Mar 20, 2015

The Irish in the American Civil War

America commemorates the end of its worst war, its Civil War which ended 150 years ago April 9, the date General Lee surrendered his army…

Started by William J. Donohue

0 Mar 16, 2015

Co Down

I just saw a picture of a Co Down man with a small child. His name is O'Neill....can anyone tell me where I'd find it again?

Started by Peggy Sullivan

0 Mar 10, 2015

The Erie Canal and Buffalo

The articles written by Wild Geese members were very informative and accurate. A further point to be made is that the Erie Canal did much t…

Started by William J. Donohue

0 Mar 10, 2015

Some cures really are worse than the illness. The Irish Schools Folklore Collection 1937 has yielded a few!.

In France, they eat them! In Germany they race them! In Bikini Bottom they keep them as pets, but here in Galway,..... well, we cure warts…

Started by Brian Nolan

0 Mar 6, 2015

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2024   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service