Wild Geese Announcements (112)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Veterans Graves

Hi Folks, Not sure if this is the correct place for this query. but does anyone know of any graves of American Civil War veterans, Blue or…

Started by Liam McAlister

0 Feb 29, 2020

Thank you The Wild Geese Team!

Sincere thanks to The Wild Geese team for featuring my poem and article today! I have shared my thanks along with the front page link via s…

Started by Anne Casey

0 Aug 17, 2019

Rare book

Have fragile very old book brought over by my grandad to states 1866, been in our fam forever. Written in ancient Gaelic, no one seems to b…

Started by Nan Finnegan McCabe

0 Aug 10, 2019

Welcome to the Flock!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow Wild Geese. In particular, we would love to hear your Irish story. What are yo…

Started by The Wild Geese

306 May 31, 2019
Reply by Ron Redmond

Portlaoise (formerly Maryborough) in County Laois (formerly Queen's County)

I live in Portlaoise (formerly Maryborough) and while I cannot provide a Genealogy service, I can advise people on aspects of our town's hi…

Started by Sean O Duinn

1 May 21, 2019
Reply by Josh Cole

Heritage Partner

Thats Just How it Was [Part 3]

Trevelyan went on to imprison any Irish Catholic who stole corn from the surplus corn sheds to feed their families. These people were sen…

Started by That's Just How It Was

0 Feb 4, 2019

Heritage Partner

Thats Just How It Was [part 2]

They built mud cabins or huts, just as all the other evicted people did, and it was into these dire conditions that both Patrick and Anne…

Started by That's Just How It Was

0 Jan 31, 2019

Free database access

The New England Historic Genealogical Society is allowing free access to all of its AmericanAncestors.org databases until the end of Tuesda…

Started by Kieron Punch

0 Jul 11, 2018

Irish-American Impresario P.S. Gilmore the Subject of New Radio Documentary

Hello everyone! A radio documentary was launched this month by Athlone Community Radio in Ireland titled "The Bandmaster," highlighting the…

Started by Jarlath MacNamara

1 May 23, 2018
Reply by Jarlath MacNamara

My article on Paul Morphy, Irish American Chess Master

Here is an article I wrote about a famous Irish American chess master named Paul Morphy. http://www.irishamericanjournal.com/2017/08/chess-

Started by ADRIAN McGRATH

0 Apr 16, 2018

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2024   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service