Uncategorized (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Admin

Thomas D’Arcy McGee – Irish Rebel Turned Fenian Opponent

Good article here from the Toronto Globe and Mail on the controversial Thomas D'Arcy McGee. Thomas D’Arcy McGee – the man who saw beyond Co…

Started by Joe Gannon

6 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by macthunder

Founding Member

The Irish in Mining around the World

Thomas Francis Walsh (April 2, 1850, in Tipperary, Ireland – April 8, 1910, in Washington, D.C., United States) was an Irish-American min…

Started by Nollaig 2016

7 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Kathy Lujan

Concerned about America's involvement in Syria

I posted an excerpt on my blog from Rory O'Donnell and the Kennedys - Irish American Series Volume 5 - where you can follow how we talked o…

Started by James Francis Smith

1 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Gerry Regan

Admin

U.K. announces payments to mistreated Kenyans

LONDON (AP) — The British government Thursday announced compensation for Kenyans abused during a rebellion against colonial rule in the 195…

Started by Joe Gannon

2 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Joe Gannon

Admin

American Legion in Ireland

Legionnaire Ron Howko places a flag at a U.S. soldier’s grave in County Mayo, Ireland. Photo by Jeff Stoffer Ron Howko tromps across a rain…

Started by Joe Gannon

1 May 15, 2013
Reply by Jim Curley

Chat session Friday, Oct. 7, 4p EDT: What we hope to accomplish with TheWildGeese.com 2.0

My colleague Michael Conlon and I would like to discuss with you all tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, via the chat feature here, our plans and…

Started by Gerry Regan

0 Oct 6, 2011

Irish in Kansas

Joe Maghe and I were discussing via e-mail how the Irish arrived in his home state of Kansas. I didn't realize that we were exchanging e-ma…

Started by Gerry Regan

1 Oct 5, 2011
Reply by Gerry Regan

Help TheWildGeese.com with their new slogan!

Which of the slogans below do you feel best capture the personality and character of TheWildGeese.com?   TheWildGeese.com: The History of t…

Started by Gerry Regan

7 Sep 28, 2011
Reply by Gerry Regan

Failte Romhat A Ri nAingeal - Irish Philharmonic Orchestra

I bought this song along with the album "Faith of Our Fathers, Volume 2." I treasure i. This song is a particular favorite. Joe, Michael, d…

Started by Gerry Regan

1 Sep 27, 2011
Reply by Gerry Regan

Access to Irish family history resources

There is a lengthy letter published in the current Sept/Oct issue of the journal, History Ireland, complaining about the difficulty in acce…

Started by Kieron Punch

5 Sep 27, 2011
Reply by Gerry Regan

RSS

The Wild Geese Shop

Get your Wild Geese merch here ... shirts, hats, sweatshirts, mugs, and more at The Wild Geese Shop.

Irish Heritage Partnership

ZenBusiness:
Start a Business Today!

Adobe Express:
What will you create today?

Adverts

Extend your reach with The Wild Geese Irish Heritage Partnership.

Congrats to Our Winners

© 2024   Created by Gerry Regan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service